- • Nearly half (48%) of Canadian organizations exploring the use of AI in their business today*
Toronto, ON, December 05, 2022: IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today it was named a Leader in the latest IDC MarketScape: Canadian AI Services 2022 Vendor Assessment (doc #CA48060822, September 2022 )....Dec 5, 2022
Net Zero Atlantic is one of five organizations worldwide selected as part of the IBM Sustainability Accelerator clean energy cohort IBM to provide resources to support the creation of a tool that...Nov 10, 2022
- IBM becomes official sponsorship partner of MLSE for cybersecurity and technology consulting services, transforming the digital experience for fans of Toronto Raptors and Toronto Maple Leafs
Today, IBM Canada announced a new multi-year agreement with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) making IBM (NYSE: IBM) the official sponsorship partner for cybersecurity and technology...Oct 18, 2022
- IBM Client Innovation Centre to Open in Calgary: 250 jobs planned for skills in AI, hybrid cloud, 5G and securityFocus on sustainability to elevate Alberta as energy transformation centre
IBM Canada (NYSE: IBM) today announced an IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) for Western Canada, with plans to create 250 new jobs in Calgary and helping to invigorate the city's technology...Jun 29, 2022
- McKenna Institute, University of New Brunswick, and IBM Partner to Prepare Learners for Rewarding Careers
McKenna Institute aims to upskill up to 40,000 people over a period of five years Partnership supports IBM's global commitment to skilling 30 million people by 2030 FREDERICTON, NB, June 15, 2022...Jun 15, 2022
IBM Think Canada Conference: climate, cybersecurity and skills key focus for business 56% of Canadian CEOs say sustainability is a significant challenge, a sharp increase from 31% in 2021 59% of...Jun 2, 2022
Memorial University, IBM Canada (NYSE: IBM), the Government of Canada and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador today announced the launch of two new initiatives – the Centre for...May 27, 2022
- Designed to provide consistent, quick responses to frequently asked customer questions
Markham ON, February 9, 2022: Investors looking to diversify their portfolios and coin collectors looking to add a new treasure to their collection are familiar with the benefits and value that...Feb 9, 2022
- Highly skilled roles in AI, hybrid cloud as part of its Client Innovation Centre expansion
Halifax (NS), December 14, 2021: IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) have today announced a new agreement that will bring 350 new, highly skilled jobs focused on AI and hybrid...Dec 14, 2021
- TELUS expands strategic relationship with IBM to provide enterprises with fast, secure and reliable 5G industry solutions
VANCOUVER / MARKHAM ON, December 07, 2021: Today, IBM (NYSE: IBM) and TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) are deploying a Canada-wide 5G edge computing platform to enable enterprises across multiple...Dec 7, 2021
- IBM Canada, University of Ottawa to establish state-of-the-art Cyber Range to train for cybersecurity threatsExpansion of 13-Year Partnership to Address Cybersecurity Talent Gap in Canada
Ottawa (ON), October 28, 2021: IBM (NYSE: IBM) and the University of Ottawa today announce a multi-year partnership to build and operate a Cyber Range: a fully immersive, interactive, and...Oct 28, 2021
- MEBO, MK, NSCC Partner with IBM Canada to Launch the Unama’ki P-TECH School Model for Indigenous Youth
Cape Breton (NS), October 12, 2021: Mi’kmaw Economic Benefits Office (MEBO), Mi’kmaw Kina’matnewey (MK) and Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC), along with IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced...Oct 12, 2021
- 50+ new jobs for delivery of cloud and AI technology and services Centre to help address the urgency for tech modernization revealed in recent IBM study
Ottawa, ON, September 23, 2021: IBM Canada (NYSE: IBM) today announced the launch of the IBM Cloud Modernization Centre (CMC), located in the Zibi neighbourhood of Gatineau, providing...Sep 23, 2021
- IBM Canada Survey: Cybercrime and security risks at government level have more than 9 in 10 tech leaders concernedIBM Canada surveyed government and business IT decisionmakers for their thoughts on the urgency for tech modernization in government. Cybersecurity and obstacles to modernization were revealed as key considerations.
OTTAWA, September 16, 2021: With the federal election a few days away, top-of-mind considerations for Canadian technology leaders appear to be cybersecurity and the protection of personal...Sep 16, 2021
ARMONK, N.Y., July 1, 2021 – Kyndryl, the independent public company that will be created following the separation of IBM's Managed Infrastructure Services business, today announced that it has...Jul 1, 2021
- IBM, ManpowerGroup, and the Royal Alberta College to Re-Skill & Connect the Workforce with Real Career Opportunities in CanadaManpowerGroup will allow learners on IBM SkillsBuild to progress to in-demand roles by connecting their skills with current market needs This supports IBM’s goal of helping to skill 500,000 people by the end of 2021 through the IBM SkillsBuild program
Markham ON June 17, 2021 – Today, IBM (NYSE: IBM), ManpowerGroup, and the Royal Alberta College (RAC), a not-for-profit educational institution based in Edmonton, have launched a collaboration usingJun 17, 2021
OTTAWA — April 27, 2021 // Carleton University and IBM Canada today announce a five-year collaboration agreement to enhance Carleton’s Institute for Data Science and equip students for...Apr 27, 2021
- IBM and Mila AI Institute Announce Collaboration to Advance Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technology
Markham, ON December 10, 2020 - IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Mila – Quebec Artificial Intelligence Institute (Mila) announce today a collaboration to accelerate AI and machine learning using Oríon, an...Dec 10, 2020
- New cloud-based web and mobile experience offers Aeroplan members more personalization, flexibility, and intuitive design.
Montreal QC, December 3, 2020: IBM Canada today announced its collaboration with Air Canada, the country’s largest airline, on the recently launched Aeroplan program, which includes a new web...Dec 3, 2020
- IBM Canada national survey reflects a generational divide on the role of technology in protecting the planet.
Markham ON November 9, 2020 – According to the findings from a national IBM Canada survey on technology and the environment, different generations of Canadians have varying views on our progress...Nov 9, 2020
- 5-year digital transformation will modernize the business and deliver cost savings for the company.
Markham, ON November 3, 2020 – IBM (NYSE:IBM) announced today it is collaborating with IGM Financial (IGM.TO) to accelerate its ambitious five year digital transformation, an initiative expected...Nov 3, 2020
- Pediatric Diabetes, COVID-19 and Artificial Intelligence: IBM Watson supports families during pandemic shutdownIBM Canada ProBono volunteer program delivers a virtual agent using Watson Assistant for Quebec’s Diabetic Children Foundation
Montreal QC – IBM Canada is working with Quebec’s Diabetic Children’s Foundation (known as ‘Fred’) to support children living with diabetes in the midst of COVID-19. Delivered by nine...Oct 5, 2020
- IBM launches free, open digital learning platform ‘SkillsBuild Reignite’ to help Canadian job seekers and business owners get back to workIBM and TD Bank Group also support non-profit ACCES Employment on SkillsBuild to deliver custom courses, projects, and personalized coaching to over 35,000 Canadians looking to re-skill
Toronto, CANADA – Today, IBM, (NYSE: IBM) and non-profit organization ACCES Employment launch a collaboration using the SkillsBuild platform, making custom courses, projects, and personalized...Jul 27, 2020
- IBM Canada and Celero sign 7-year, multi-million dollar agreement for Hybrid Cloud and data centre modernizationTransformation of services to Canada’s credit unions will increase the operational resiliency, cybersecurity and speed critical for a post-COVID environment.
Calgary, AB – IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Celero, a leading solutions integrator for Canadian credit unions, have signed a 7-year, multi-million dollar strategic outsourcing agreement that will modernize...Jul 21, 2020
- IBM Canada and Prairie Credit Unions Team Up for Digital Transformation and Payments Modernization on IBM Public CloudAlberta Central, SaskCentral and Credit Union Central of Manitoba create joint venture and partner with IBM to develop a modernized payments platform; 8-year agreement that is the largest of its kind in Canada for the credit union system.
Calgary, AB – A new Prairie Payments Joint Venture (PPJV) and IBM (NYSE:IBM) have signed an 8-year, multi-million dollar agreement to digitally transform and modernize credit union payment...May 11, 2020
- New innovative service uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning to provide an enhanced user experience and keep residents safe during the global pandemic.
MARKHAM, ON – In a Canadian first, IBM (NYSE: IBM) and the City of Markham – Canada’s high-tech capital – are using the artificial intelligence-driven virtual agent “IBM Watson Assistant...Apr 29, 2020
British Columbia start-up is adopting IBM AI and IBM Cloud to give first responders fast access to insights during critical incident responses.
VANCOUVER, BC – August 29, 2019 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced it is working with Lightship Works, an intelligent field operations start-up in Kamloops, British Columbia, to integrate AI...Aug 29, 2019
- - Acquisition positions IBM as the leading hybrid cloud provider and accelerates IBM's high-value business model, extending Red Hat's open source innovation to a broader range of clients - IBM preserves Red Hat's independence and neutrality; Red Hat will strengthen its existing partnerships to give customers freedom, choice and flexibility - Red Hat's unwavering commitment to open source remains unchanged - Together, IBM and Red Hat will deliver next-generation hybrid multicloud platform
IBM (NYSE: IBM) and Red Hat announced today that they have closed the transaction under which IBM acquired all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Red Hat for $190.00 per share in cash,...Jul 10, 2019
Province of Nova Scotia to pilot Technology Advantage Program with support from IBM educational model P-TECHA new pilot program will help up to 80 students get ready for careers in Nova Scotia’s growing technology sector.
Province of Nova Scotia to pilot Technology Advantage Program with support from IBM educational model P-TECH HALIFAX, March 14, 2019 – The Province of Nova Scotia announced today a new pilot...Mar 12, 2019
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd. and IBM Canada Announce First of its Kind Collaboration to Integrate Blockchain Technology into Clinical TrialsBlockchain technology has the potential to improve trust, transparency, patient safety and patient empowerment in clinical trials
Burlington and Markham, ON, February 12, 2019 – Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd. and IBM Canada announced today at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference...Feb 12, 2019
New platform will provide intelligent insights to all employees and managers
TORONTO, January 30, 2019 – SAP Canada, a subsidiary of SAP SE (NYSE: SAP), and IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announce the transformation of the Toronto Transit Commission’s (TTC) internal payroll,...Jan 30, 2019